Friday, June 20, 2008

Lori, Lori Quite Contrary How Does Your Garden Grow?


So I posted back in February about starting the seeds for my garden. I started them WAY too early as we have threats of frost until the beginning of May, meaning a lot of things can't be put into the ground until then. Right now I have my "cold" plants out but it's getting too hot for them so they're all starting to die which is fine because it's time to plant the good stuff... watermelon and cantelope! I've started those seeds and they're coming up very nicely so hopefully in 80-90 days we'll have some good fruit. We had some good sugar snap peas and the tomato plants are looking good. The lettuce looks good, but it is REALLY bitter, I need to figure out what I did wrong.

















We also planted some calililies (sp?) and they are gorgeous! Hopefully the cannas we planted will start coming up soon.











Taylor LOVES water, and he loves to water the grass and our garden. He usually just ends up drowing the plants but he thinks he's doing a great job. These were taken after a hot day of working in the garden.

4 comments:

Lant Family said...

Your Garden looks good. I didn't know lettuce could grow bitter? We grew some lettuce, I haven't tried any yet. It isn't big enough to pick. I hope our turn out ok. Taylor looks so big. He is growing up.

Rob and Marseille said...

I can't wait until we have a garden plot. We've gotten a few beans and can see some tomatoes coming. I'm impressed with how many sugar snapped peas you have! You'll have a bowl in the fridge for yummy snacks (or hands off, it's our veggie at dinner).

Adrienne said...

I'm so jealous, Lori - I'm convinced John and I both have the blackest of black thumbs. We tried a garden last year and everything ---literally, EVERYTHING died. It was so sad because we were so excited! I think we'll try again next year, though. I'll have to remember to ask you for tips :D

maryirene said...

your garden looks so good. how is it now? in august?