Monday, June 2, 2008


So I've been checking the local high school's websites since we moved here for coaching jobs, just something I could do on the side for fun. About a month ago I saw that the head swim coaching position was opening up South Pointe High School. I talked with a friend from church who teaches at the school to see if she knew anything about it or if it had been filled yet. She then talked with the Athletic Director and I called him. I went in for the interview a week after I had Brayden and I got the job. I'd like to say that I was a great interviewer and the best person for the job, but it turns out I was the ONLY applicant! He was worried they weren't going to find anyone. I met the principal the day I was hired and he asked me if I could swim, I said yes and he said "Well, that's my only requirement." I'm guessing swimming isn't where they put a lot of energy, and I know they don't put much money towards it! My pay will maybe cover gas prices to get to and from the pool everyday! But it will get me out of the house and I really miss coaching so I'm excited about it! We haven't figured out what time practices are going to be and what the boys are going to do while I'm coaching, but we have time. My season is only 10 1/2 weeks long from our first practice to the State meet. Wish me luck starting August 1st! I'm going to have my first team meeting tomorrow after school, hoepfully some kids will show up!

7 comments:

AJ said...

That sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Maybe you can build up their swimming program and make it a huge success! Good luck and I hope it works well for you!

Rob and Marseille said...

congrats Lori...Sounds like fun!

Annie said...

Lori! That sounds like so much fun! Good luck! It'll be great!

Lynsey said...

Wow... that sounds like a great job. Good luck with it!

Makenzie Iorg said...

Good for you. I bet you will have a great team!

Ashley DeMille said...

Good luck that sounds like fun!

Nica said...

Sounds cool! Congrats on the new job, have fun!