Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm Back!

Swimming is over. It was a blast to work with the kids... it was very stressful on my family though. I was busy at an awkward time EVERY day. I missed dinner with my family and on days that I had meets I missed baths and bedtime. It was hard having a nursing baby at the time also. But, it's over now, so what happens...? I get called as the Young Women's President on Sunday, the day after my last meet. At least it wasn't during swim season. I'm really excited, nervous, scared...but I think it will be really fun and hopefully I'll be able to make a difference in the girl's lives. Feel free to leave any ideas about YW! I'll need them. I've decided that I am AMAZING at copying ideas, but I really struggle to come up with things on my own. So please leave any feedback you have about YW.

Brayden and Taylor are doing well. Brayden is a big boy and he's starting to army crawl around. It's fun to see. He LOVES Taylor. Anytime Taylor will "talk" to him or show him toys Brayden laughs so hard. It melts my heart everytime! Taylor has been really interested in the ABCs lately. he can tell you all the letters except for 6. (gotta get in my bragging moment :)) He's had some trouble sleeping lately. if anyone has any suggestions there I'll take them too. He's been going to bed around 8:30, but sits in his room and talks or sings for an hour and then he wakes up at 5:45!!! That is EARLY! He gets really crabby around 11:00, I feed him lunch adn then he'll take only an hour nap- they used to be two hours and I need EVERY minute! I don't knwo what to do. Should I cut out naps completely? He skipped a couple naps a few weeks ago, and was asleep on the couch at 5:45 that evening while I cooked dinner, then he didn't want to sleep that night. Hope ya'll are doing well. I;'m almost caught up reading all your blogs...keep them coming. I enjoy knowing how your life is going! I'll leave you with these pictures of Taylor and his friend "EL" as he calls her.

5 comments:

Lant Family said...

He is so big!! Lucy does the SAME thing!! She goes to bed at 9 and is up by 6:30. Daily, for about a month/month and a half. It is terrible. I tried putting her to bed earlier and she woke up earlier. I kept her up at night and she still got up at the same time. I have decided I think it is because she wants to see JJ in the morning before he goes to school. He leaves at 7 and if she by chance wakes up at 7 and misses him she is so sad. I don't know if it is just a phase but she doesn't seem like she will stop any time soon.

Debbie Lawrence said...

Hi! Its been a while since I have been on your blog. I finally put it on my google reader so I can see it all the time now. :)

I know it's scary to get such a stressful calling, but you are going to do GREAT!

Your boys are DANG cute! I don't think I have seen a picture of Brayden since he was born.

Jenny said...

Ok, first of all. Yea! for YW! I think that will be so fun. And as for using other people's material, I personally feel that's the way to go. My first year of teaching I stole everything I did and added my own twist to it. Why reinvent the wheel? If it works well, stick with it. My friend is YW Pres in Seattle. Her struggle with the girls is modesty and chastity. Most of them are pretty good,b ut they all push the limit...try to see how far they can get without getting too much in trouble. That's her struggle -- teaching that you don't want to get as close as you can to the edge...stay far from it. Good luck! I'm really really excited for you. I can't wait to be in YW someday.

Sleep? Samantha goes to bed btwn 7-7:30 every night. It's fabulous...now. It took awhile to get there. She used to wake up really really early, but I decided I wans't going into her room until 6:30am. So, some mornings, she just had to wait. Some mornings she fell back to sleep. It took some time, but she now sleeps until about 7-7:30. Great huh? She'll take about a 45 minute nap if I'm lucky. Naps we've struggled with her whole life. But, at least she's getting a great sleep at night. This morning she woke up at 8! Woa! But, I just refuse to get her out of her room until 6:30am. Now, Sammy's still in a crib, so that's easier for me to do. BUT, it has worked for us. It took awhile, but well worth it.

Amelia said...

Congrats on the season being over! Hurray! And wow, YW President! Don't you feel like you were just in laurels?! Crazy. I got a call to be in Activity days (for the 8-11 year old girls) but I didn't feel old enough! It is so weird to remember being in it and then experiencing it all over again, but being the leader. I guess I am married, graduated,and almost a mother of 3, so I should probably grow up! :) You are going to be so good and have so much fun though. Sorry about that sleeping arrangment. Yuck. I dont know what to say, but if I have any ideas for YW I will post it!

Ashley DeMille said...

I am with Jenny all the way, why reinvent the wheel? one of my education teachers would always tell us that. Also with the sleeping I keep Jax in his room until 8 and now he sleeps until then. Of corse he also wasnt waking up at 5:45. It was more like 7:00. So you might just want to start with keeping him in his room until 6:30. He was also in his big boy bed so we just kept putting him back in his room until 8:00. Oh and if he wanted to I would let him play but he just had to stay in his room. Daylight savings is coming soon maybe that will help. good luck!