Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ok, now that I'm all caught up on my Christmas stories I can write a little about our lives. We had a GREAT weekend. Rock Hill has a HUGE Christmas production every year at the beginning of December. It was this weekend and there were tons of activities to do as a family. On thrusday night we went to the parade and had a lot of fun. It was really long, but the boys did well. I think our favorite "act" was the Shriner's club. There were 10 old men in their funny little hats riding tiny go karts! They would weave in and out of each other. It was really entertaining. Taylor's favorite was the fire engines... (I forgot to take pics)


On Saturday Matt went up to Charlotte to help our friends take down their porch so the boys and I went to story time with Santa in the park. Taylor did not listen to one bit of the story. He was too busy climbing and running around. We did get to sit on Santa's lap, but I had to bribe Taylor with the candy cane they were handing out.




That night we went on a "Journey to Bethlehem." A local church put this on and they did a great job. The costumes and scenery were amazing!





We set up our tree this weekend too. We bought a real tree again this year. (I'm waiting to buy my "amazing" fakey until the after Christmas sales!) On the lot I SWEAR it was not that big! You know how people say "your eyes are bigger than your stomach"- well we have that same problem when we buy Christmas trees. It's a little over ten feet tall and is about 6 1/2 feet across! I had to go get extra strands of lights to cover it. There are 1000 lights on it now- we're still working on getting the ornaments up!





Happy 7 month birthday Brayden. We sure love you. You're a big boy- but we love it! Last week Braydo was sick so we took him to the dr, and he weighs 20 lbs and 7 ounces! We love having him in our family.


2 comments:

jess and scott said...

You got some great pictures! I'm impressed!

Rexanna's Foundation said...

wow Lori! They are getting big! How are you guys doing? How SC? I hope that things are doing great for your family. Are your parents still in Austin? Where are yall going for Christmas. I love reading your blog! It's almost like I get to see you! Miss you girl!