Friday, January 16, 2009

I {heart}



So a year ago my friend Jes called to tell me Target had a lot of toys on sale- WAY on sale. I threw Taylor in the car and drove to my Target, plus two more up in Charlotte and my Birthday/Christmas shopping for the boys was done... in the middle of January! It was amazing. There were some really good deals. I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this year's sale, and it finally came! Yesterday I found out from babycheapskate.com that the sale was starting. As soon as Brayden woke up from his nap I rushed out the door. Here's the loot from my trip:


Play-Doh- 3lbs orig 6.99/pd- 1.74

Leap Frog # Puzzle orig 9.99/pd. 2.48

Leap Frog Letter Puzzle orig 9.99/ pd 2.48

Candy Land Castle Game orig 9.99/ pd 2.48

Bloom Memory Game orig 7.99/ pd 1.98

Leap Frog Sing Along/Read Along orig 14.99/ pd 3.74

Leap Frog Fix the Mix Sequence game orig 14.99/ pd 3.74

Leap Frog MatchUp Concentration game orig 14.99/ pd 3.74

The Office Board Game orig 24.99/ pd 6.24

FishePrice Little People Learning Town orig 44.99/ pd 11.24


I got taylor 3 shirts at $1.78/ea and snow boots for $3.74


My total should have been: 198.86

I paid : 48.94

14 comments:

Teri said...

How long does this last?? What a great deal! Thanks for sharing!!

Marcus and Jenny said...

Wow. What a steal. I'll have to remember that for next year. I cna't believe all that stuff you got. Way to shop Lori!

Ashley DeMille said...

What a great deal. I just wish we had a Target close by so I could shop those deals. It's things like these winter sales that kill me! I wish I lived in a bigger town sometimes! I am glad to hear potty training is going so well. How is YWs??? I hope you guys decide BYU. we could be friends again! Oh I miss you!

maryirene said...

ok that is the coolest thing ever! you go girl!

Lant Family said...

Way to shop!! Dont you just love a great deal. Sounds like you are all stocked up for a while.

Anonymous said...

Pretty good savings! Where are the pictures of Taylor in the snow boots. Why didn't Brayden get anything?

Kristen said...

Lori~

I sent Jes the link to a website that posts everything Target puts on clearance everyday. Ask her to share it with you if she hasn't already. I saw a vacuum cleaner today for $12!

Mormon Mommy Blogs said...

Hi, You were one of the winners of the MMB giveaway. Come on over to claim your prize!
~motherboard, mmb

Anonymous said...

Ironically, you won the Target gift certificate. Hee!

Anjeny said...

Wow that is a real steal. My husband's going to be so jealous of your save. He loves Target, unfortunately we live in Hawaii so there are no Targets here.

PS...My first time here, I found your blog from the Mormon Mommy Blog. Congrats on the win!!

Lorie said...

It is clearance time! Gotta love it. You got a lot of great stuff!

Jenny said...

LORI! YOu won! Oh my gosh! You won the Target gift card! I just saw your name on mormon mommy blogs. Way to go. I'm so excited for you! Gosh, not only do you get good deals, but you win big. Tim McGraw and Faith Hill tickets and now this Target gift card?! Could life get better?! yippee

My Diary said...

That is amazing, I want to know how to shop like that. I buy everything not on sale and spend way too much. I have no idea to how to bargain shop, or how to shop well for that matter. You are a genius.

Emily said...

OH! I wish I had seen this earlier!!