Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Potty Party!!!

So the day is upon us... Potty Training. I tried back in, I can't remember, maybe September to potty train him. We wen through 8 pairs of underwear in one day and a package of pull-ups the next two. I was done, and he wasn't ready. I decided with the new year, this is a resolution I can handle. We started yesterday and it has gone great! Stickers, treats and "being like daddy" have worked their magic and he even goes to the potty without me asking him to. We had two accidents yesterday, but none today and we even were out of the house for an hour and a half.

I was really into scrapbooking while we lived in Utah- mainly because that is the Mecca for scrapbooking and I had a lot of resources available. Since I moved to SC I have really missed my friends that I used to get together with and "MY" scrapbook store Pebbles in my Pocket. I've decided I need to get over it and start up again because I really miss it. Becky Higgins- a designer for Creating Keepsakes came up with an idea called the 365 Project. The idea behind it is to scrapbook everyday this year. You take a picture everyday and write on a little card about the picture- nothing big, just to capture a moment from each day. Although all the kits are gone, I'm going to do it anyway. This picture sums up what we've been doing all day.

5 comments:

Janessa said...

Lori, hey! Oh my gosh your boys are so cute. I think it would be awesome if we ended up at the same school! I hope you guys are doing well down South!

Lant Family said...

Good for you and potty training. I keep thinking I need to get one it with Lucy but I just haven't even the slightest idea of where to start. She wont even SIT on the potty. I have got to just do it. I am not really wanting 2 in diapers. So basically we have 5 months to get this down. I am glad Taylor is doing so great. That gives me some motivation thinking ok she must be close to the right age! Hopefully your good luck will continue. Did you read any books or use any method that you likes?

Rob and Marseille said...

Amazing how much faster it goes when they are ready.

Ashley DeMille said...

way to go! just give Taylor a good month and expect the worst and then it will go so much better. Have I ever told you about the vinyl underwear? It does wonders for potty training! Good luck it is so so so so nice once they get it! I am so proud of you for trying! I sure miss my scrapbook friends from provo too! We have a store here that is a lot like pebbles! I still love that you call it "my" store! ~miss you~

maryirene said...

love the picture! it will be your life for a little while longer. we started sammy in september and he really had it down by december. it's so great when the day finally comes where they don't have to be reminded and they can go by themselves! your hard days will pay off! don't give up!