Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Stadium of Fire




This year Carrie Underwood was the performer at Provo's 4th of July celebration Stadium of Fire. I looked into getting tickets, but the cheap seats were already gone by the time I got around to it. on Saturday night though, I REALLY wanted to go. I convinced Matt to go down to Provo and let me try and get some tickets from scalpers... well, 10 minutes before the show I still couldn't find tickets cheap enough for us. I was about to concede when I man drove by on his bike with tickets. I bought them and we got in just as they were starting.

It's the 100th birthday of the Boy Scouts so they had an eagle court of honor for 160 + scouts and had the Second Generation Osmonds, the Five Browns and Jennie Oaks Baker perform. The boys loved the show and really enjoyed the fireworks. What a great way to celebrate our country!




The flag girls and the raising of our colors. I may or may not have gotten a little teary eyed at this point.






The jets flying over- pretty intense! Taylor wanted to know if Uncle Aleks was flying one of them. After they flew over they broad casted the pilots on the jumbo-tron to wish us all a Happy 4th.



Matt and Brayden watching the concert.




Taylor dancing to Carrie Underwood "Undo It"






I was too busy watching the fireworks to mess with the settings on my camera. I didn't get any other good shots but the fireworks were awesome!




4 comments:

Abbie Byers said...

WOW!! looks like a lot of fun!!!

Ashley DeMille said...

I really wanted to go to that too! It looks like you guys got pretty good seats too! You need to come visit sometime. Jaxon has been asking about his friend Taylor that lives very far away! He still remembers everything about our visit to Taylor's house!

Stacie Aho said...

I'm jealous! So glad you got to go :) Looks like it was a blast!

Ok- that family picture of you. Look closely at Brayden's arm. Do you see the illusion that I see? If not, ask me :)

Rhandi said...

How fun! I have always wanted to go to Stadium of Fire. All of my many years in Provo, we have never been there on the 4th.