Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Austin Perry Conran 4.25.11

Austin Perry Conran, born at 1:08 om 4.25.11 He weighed 9 lbs 7 oz (my smallest- YEA!) and was 22 inches long.










Excited brothers!!!



Happy Grandparents- Steve and Lara Conran and my dad, Craig

Family Pictures

The Story- feel free to skip this!

I went in to be induced 5 days early to keep me from having a huge baby. I appreciate that the doctors will do that for me and am thankful for modern medicine too!


We got there at 6:00 am and got my IV by 6:45. I was only a 2 so I figured we'd be here for a while. Matt and I both got some rest before the pitocin started to really kick in. The contractions were coming pretty strong by 9:15 so I asked for an epidural. But get this... I was only at a 3!!! That was pretty depressing. I've been induced with pitocin with the other two boys and it did not take this long for me to progress. The doctor came in and broke my water at 11:20- but I was only a 4!!! An hour later Austin's heart rate dropped during a contraction so they came in to check me and I was a 6. 20 minutes later his heart rate dripped again during a contraction and I was a 9 1/2! YEA!


At 12:50 they called the doctor to let him know I was about ready. He was on the phone with a patient and couldn't get off so they started to call another doctor in. I could tell Austin was coming fast so they rolled me on my side and lay still so the doctor could make it in for the delivery. Once the doctor came in I put my legs up and Matt could see his head! The doctor didn't have his drape on or gloves yet so he held his head in with his sleeve while he got his gloves on. I took a breath as the next contraction started and Austin's head slipped right out. It was my easiest labor and recovery has been a dream.


Austin is doing great and is an amazing eater and sleeper. I can't believe he's already a week old! Although it feels like he's been a part of our family forever!

10 comments:

the harrisons said...

you are amazing! i am impressed he was your smallest! and you look incredible in all of your pictures!

Fowler family said...

Oh my goodness! He held his head in with his sleeve while he was getting his gloves on!!! Wow- that's hilarious. So glad to hear you had a healthy beautiful big (or small I guess compared to your other boys?) boy. What a blessing! I got your email tonight and had to come check to see if there were pictures of your little guy! He's so precious! Sounds like recovery is going great. Enjoy that newborn smell (the seem to lose it after a week or two).

Debbie Lawrence said...

Congratulations! You have three EXTREMELY handsome boys! I'm glad that everyone is healthy and well...what a blessing. Good luck with all the fun times ahead!

Jordan and Ariana said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you had such an easy delivery! It will definitely help in recovery especially with having two others boys. Austin looks so peaceful!

Ben and Summer said...

Congratulations! Yay for pictures! That is a crazy delivery story, I guess you can just pop them right out:) Also, I cannot believe how much the all look alike when they're newborns! Welcome Austin:)

Littleshortstacks said...

Congratulations Lori! I love that you chose Austin, great name! I know Kirsten and others brought dinners over while we were gone but now that we're back (we'll be here all summer) let me know if you need anything (I don't even think I know when you're moving...)!
P.S. I'm still picturing you 9 months pregnant, karaoking it up at he lodge!

Rob and Marseille said...

Thanks for sharing his birth story. I'm glad it went so well (besides the scares of the heart rate drops)

tamioyl said...

Congrats! Thank goodness for epidurals....especially for those big babies! I could tell that you were all baby before you had him. Good luck with everything. We're in town so if you end up staying, let's get together.
Tami Oyler

Rhandi said...

I miss Austin already, such a handsome little guy! Yes, it's true you look way too good for just having a baby! I love and miss you! xo

Suz said...

Wow what a cutie!! I can't wait to come see him in person. It seems like we can't go more than a day without a cold around here though, so it might be a while. I hope you guys are doing well. If you need anything be sure and let me know!