Tuesday, February 28, 2012

family picture- a how-to

how to get that perfect family picture!
set up tripod- take a test shot

get a subject

tell subject not to move

make sure anyone who wants to be the subject gets a turn

use both subjects to check focus and flash

add a taller subject to check heigth
get the whole family together in the shot

try a different angle (fat arm is still there dang it! am i right Rhandi?:)

don't let smaller subjects act silly or you turn out with something like this (and still- a 'thigh-sized' arm!)

try sitting down, maybe that will keep them still and focused

don't move of your camera can't keep up


smile, cut out your fat arm and only post to blog... find a picture of a meadow or bridge to hang in place of giant family portrait in your home! better luck next time!

6 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

Ahahaha- that made me smile. :) I miss you and your humor!!

Uhm, Austin is DANG cute in that little suit. Love those pictures! Love that family!

Emily said...

hahaha, I loved this Lori, you are hilarious and your arm doesn't look fat at all! But I can understand because I too, always think my arms look fat and you pretty much went through my whole thought process on posting my "fat arm" pictures. ... smile & cut your fat arm out of the picture.

Your family is so darling! Cutest boys ever!

Claire said...

Oh, what fun!!

Rhandi said...

So funny- love it! Reminds me of our Christmas card this year, that's why I included the silly shot of us attempting. You have the cutest boys around! Sure miss you! xo

Ashley DeMille said...

I love it! Your boys are growing up!!!

Unknown said...

Lori, you crack me up! Your boys are too cute!