Thursday, May 8, 2008

Introducing:

Brayden Healey Conran
9lbs. 15oz. 21in long

Quick hit info: We went in to be induced Tuesday morning at 6:00. I finally got started at 8:00. I was given pitocin to help keep to contractions strong around 10:30. I got an epidural at 11:30 and was dialted to a 6. I fell asleep and woke up at 1:00 when Brayden's heart rate monitor alarm started going off. Matt had been watching them silence the alarm all day and not worry about it, so he was tempted to just do that, but I told him to go ahead and call the nurse in to check it. Once she came in I felt some pressure and they brought the doctor in and after 2 pushes Brayden was born at 1:19. A working epidural is amazing! It was so much different than Taylor's birth and Matt and I were really happy with everything. We got home from the hospital today so we're trying to get used to being parents to two... thank goodness grandma is still here to help with the adjustment!

17 comments:

Annie said...

9 lbs 15 oz?! And a week early?

Annie said...

Oh! Congratulations!!!! Looking forward to pictures!

Shallee said...

Congrats, Lori! How exciting to be a mother of two!

Teri said...

Congratulations! We're excited for you guys!

AJ said...

Yay! Another big healthy boy! Good thing you went early!

Lant Family said...

yeah!! I bet youa re glad you went a week early? Cute name.

Ashley DeMille said...

wow what a big baby! I don't even think Madi is that big yet and she is month old. congratulations! Does he look like Taylor? I love his name. Good luck with everything I hope Taylor is doing well.

Alicia said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You're a trooper, Lori! What was the doctor saying about you carrying small babies?

Ashley and Aaron said...

Hey Lori! Aaron and I just wanted to say congrats and we are so happy for you and Matt. Good luck with the 2 boys! (I totally found this on facebook so I'm adding you to our blogging friends) We miss you guys. Congrats again. :)

Katie said...

Congratulations Lori and Matt!!! Another big boy. :) I'm so glad that the epidural worked this time... aren't they great? We're so excited for you all! We're glad it all went well.

Adrienne said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see pictures. I'm glad everything went so well for you :)

Rob and Marseille said...

Congrats! I'm excited to see pictures. How does Taylor like his brother?

Marcus and Jenny said...

Yeah! Congratulations. I'm so glad your epidural worked this time. It's amazing the strength it gives you when you can sleep...2 pushes. Way to go. That was me with Samantha. It's nice to get a little nap in during labor.:) Talk to you soon.

Lynsey said...

Congratulations...now doesn't this mean you get extra gifts for Mother's Day?
We're so happy for your little family... It sounds like everything went well... Let us know if we can do anything for you!

rachel said...

Congrats Lori! I hope all is well with your cute little family.

Amelia said...

Yeah! Only 9 15 huh? What a tiny baby! :) Congrats!

Kirstin said...

Congratulations. He looks great and is so cute. I am excited for you. Good luck with everything and take care. I am excited to see more pics soon.