Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ft. Lauderdale Trip: Day 1

About a month ago I found a GREAT deal on flights from Columbia, SC to Ft, Lauderdale, FL. A one-way ticket was $1.11 through Spirit Air. The times that price was avaliable wasn't very appealing, but I thought hey, why not, let's go! The total for our family to fly down there was $46.38 once you added all the taxes and fees. The times we had to fly were Friday at 3:30 and we left Ft. lauderdale at 7:55 in the morning on Sunday. We weren't there very long, but it was going to a nice break from Rock Hill. I found a rental car and hotel online for good deals too.

Both kids did great on the flight. It was only 1:19 and the entire row behind us was empty, so Taylor played there for most of the trip while Brayden slept in Matt's arms. By the time we got off the plane and got the kids car seats from baggage claim and made it to the hotel it was 7:15. We were all starving and ready for some good seafood (well, I was the only one in the mood for seafood, and I persuaded Matt that's what we needed to find!) We went to the really cool restaraunt called Rustic Inn. We got fried frog legs and alligator as an appetizer and it was AMAZING! It was so good. Taylor loved my lemonade!

We finally made it back to the hotel and Taylor was so tired. He curled up on his pullout bed and went right to sleep. Brayden slept great in the port-a-crib and Matt and I finally had enough room to sleep comfortably in our king size bed. Brayden got to share with us at 6:00 while I nursed in bed. Matt has his hands the exact same way Brayden does.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Holy cow! I swear, you are the queen of deals. That's amazing! I think it's important to do little trips -- it takes you out of the regular routine. I'm glad it was fun. Wish we could have gone. Man, I have to start looking for great deals like that. How did you come across that?

Brian and Lindsay said...

are you kidding? we are going to make you our personal travel agent from now on.

Shallee said...

Wow, how did you get deals like that! Sounds like fun. Your family is so cute, I can't believe you have two now!

Em said...

hello! i am one of matt's friends from high school. so good to see that you guys are doing well. say hello to matt for me and congrats on your beautiful family!