Monday, March 2, 2009

UP

Taylor has a stool that he keeps next to his bed so he can climb in at night. He calls it his "up." (Any ladder is also called an up) The other day we were playing in the living room and Matt and I were talking and Taylor ran into his room, got his "up" and used it to climb up the back of the couch. He did that a few times and then he got quiet. All of a sudden he started screaming and Matt and I looked over the side of the couch and saw this:



I don't know how he did it but he got his head stuck inside his stool. We couldn't get it off without almost ripping his ears off so we had to cut him out. So- like any good mom I ran to get the scissors, and the camera!
Now he tells me his up his broken- but at least he can still use it.


5 comments:

Violet said...

That is way too funny! Your kids are so cute!

Ashley DeMille said...

OH my gosh!!! That is so funny! Maybe it wasn't at the time but that is soo funny! I laughed so hard! I could just see Jaxon doing something like that!

maryirene said...

poor boy! sad, but funny too. the crazy things they do. someone was telling me the other day about how their 6 year old took the scissors to their couch cover and their curtains, and then took sand paper to their bedstand. ahhh! i sure hope all boys don't pull off all of these stunts. wish us luck, right?

Emily said...

that is so funny, how do kids do stuff like that? I remember my neighbor getting her head stuck in the rails on her stairway, they had to call the fire department to cut her out! I'm glad you could just get him out with scissors!

Amelia said...

HA! that is so funny...and sad! i would have done the same thing. he'll thank you for capturing the memory when he's older! perfect for his wedding reception slideshow.