Thursday, April 30, 2009

So I've been playing with coupons for about a year now... but just recently I've kicked it up a notch and am searching out the deals around town. Harris Teeter (a grocery store) in tripling coupons this week. They'll only triple them if they are under a dollar- but a .75 q can go pretty far tripled. So this morning I went WAY before the sun came up so there was no rush and everything was stocked- for the most part. Here's my loot:



You can only use 20 coupons each trip- so I need to make about three more trips. I'm saving money and it's starting to be a fun hobby! Before coupons this was $47.77 and I paid $12.69, that's a 74% savings... not too bad!!

6 comments:

Annie said...

I keep telling myself to start doing this...good job!!!

Rob and Marseille said...

wow good job! but..aren't you guys moving cross country in a few months and won't want to move that stuff?

Jenny said...

oh my good heavens! I just fell more in love with you!

maryirene said...

wow. that's really cool. you go!

Nica said...

oh gosh, are you couponing too? I have been going crazy with it! I had to lock myself in the house yesterday so I wouldnt go shopping again for free! I just spent more than 300 in grocerys at randalls and I only paid about 40 dollars. Then I just got paid at target for buying candles! Im trying to blog it all as i am going, I love it, since Michael is unemployed, this really helps us out! Have fun!

Bethany said...

Hey there!

So you left a comment this morning on my fabulous Old Navy coupon... and my curiosity is getting the best of me-how did you come across my blog? I can clearly see that you're a crazy couponer too, and I've scanned through your peeps on the sidebar there, and I found one random connection... Mike Rose was roommates with my husband's little brother, but that's a streeeeeetch because we're not on HIS blog...but anyay, I just have to know-how did you end up finding me?

Not that I mind, of course. But I'm just curious. :)

Happy couponing!