Friday, September 3, 2010

Boston: aug 7.10

We LOVED Boston.Especially when compared to New york. It was just a cleaner prettier version of New York without all the craziness! We got up early Saturday morning to take the walking tour through Historical Boston. it was awesome! it's only about 1 1/2 miles so we planned on maybe an hour and a half but we got sucked in!!! We were stopping and reading everything- it was so interesting and all the old buildings are so pretty!

Boston has a red line painted on the streets to take you through the city. Here is a "guard" at the start of the tour.



The old State Building Cemetery where George Washington's parent's are buried.






The Declaration of Independence was read from the balcony of this church.






Paul Revere's House

Everyone was walking around with these pastries so we figured we should give them a try- not bad!


Paul Revere was the bell ringer at this church.

I wish I could remember more about all these buildings and the stories we were told- it was so cool!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

As I'm sure I have probably said a million times before, Boston IS cooler than NY. It has introduced the new while retaining the history. And it is much cleaner. Anyway, jsut wanted to say I agree and love that you love my home city :)


and also that I am very jealous. I haven't been back in 3 or 4 years.

I'm glad you got to get out without kids. Always a plus, as much as we love them, right?