Sunday, September 5, 2010

rewind: New York aug.10.10

I had tried to get Regis and Kelly tickets online before we went but they weren't offering them at the time so I decided to just show up and stand in the standby line.

I didn't make the first taping- they were full but I made it in to their second show taping. We taped the Labor Day show. I saw them interview Jason Bateman- I think that one already aired and then Bethany from Real Housewives of New York and Laura Linney who has a new show called the Big C.

I was not so impressed with these celebrities. Regis was a down right grouch. He looks and seems like he'd be such a sweet guy. During commercial breaks Kelly would come out into the crowd and take pictures or talk and Regis would just sit in his chair. He's occasionally answer a question or two. Kelly seemed really fake too. I've heard people say she's even thinner in person and that is true- but man are her arms to DIE FOR!

Look for me on the Labor Day show! I was sitting in the back left corner when the camera looks at the crowd.




After the taping I had 1 hour and 15 minutes to make it to the MET before I needed to start heading toward the airport! I RAN through the MET. It was phenomenal and I made it through almost all of it in 55 minutes. I could have spent days in there though! Of course, my camera is dead so I took a few pictures on my phone, I just don't know how to get them off...
We had a great time and it was so nice to be able to spend some time with Matt before crazy school life began again!



1 comment:

lyndsey said...

so i'm just reading through your blog...love this post! haha as soon as i saw the pic of kelly i recognized her shirt from a recent ep [i watch r&k every day :) ] -- is that pathetic? i did standby and went to a taping once when i lived in NYC. regis wasn't there that day but kelly was super nice. i'm so glad you got in :)