Sunday, March 20, 2011

March Madness



Are my kids the only kids that fill out a bracket every year??? When they were really young we would flip a coin for them, then we went to the numbers, asking 1 or 16, 2 or 15 and so on. This year we asked them the names of each match up and they would pick who they want to win. The sad thing is, I am doing terrible and they're both beating me!!! (Definitely not my year!)

Since Thursday our tv has been on non-stop watching the great basketball madness. As terrible as it has been for my bracket, there have been some GREAT games.

On Thursday I ran up to take a shower and as I was getting dressed I hear Taylor yelling at me, "Mom, hurry, it's almost over. There's only 9.6 seconds left!" I came down to this picture. He was hungry, but wanted to watch the games so he got himself a yogurt and a tray table and set it up in the living room so he wouldn't miss anything.

Some of my favorite quotes as of lately:

T: "Ooo... hold on, I just have to watch the game real quick"

When picking his teams for the bracket challenge, Brayden, " Temple.. oh mom, a temple!" (In our religion a temple is a very important place of worship. My boys loves seeing the temple) Needless to say, Temple is going really far in Brayden's bracket... bad for him!

T: "Mom, just tell me when the Hook'em Horns and BYU play. I want to watch that game." (Taylor's picks for the National Championship game)

B: "Go BYU, rar-rar" (BYU isn't playing at the time)

When asked Tennessee or Michigan T: "Tennessee... oh mom, you know what?That must be where all the players play tennis!" (Tennessee didn't get far...maybe they should practice basketball more and not tennis! :)

2 comments:

Anna Lisa said...

No mistakin'; these boys belong in our family!!!!

Rob and Marseille said...

never thought to have the boys make a bracket....and mine is horrible!! Only 1 of my final 4 is in still, and no one from the championship game.