Tuesday, January 10, 2012

12.3.11: Cutting down the tree

Cutting down the tree has become of our my favorite Christmas traditions. Matt's family always had a real tree and my family always had a fake tree. While I want to have a nice fake tree one day- when that day comes, we'll then just have two trees because this is too much fun to pass up! 

There was a tree farm just 5 minutes from our house that takes you out on a wagon ride, you pick and cut your tree and then load it back up and take the ride back to your car. The boys loved the tractor/wagon ride and it really gets our family in the mood for Christmas.





The tree of 2011

Matt teaching Taylor how to saw the tree trunk

In the end... Matt did all the work

Proof I was there... sporting my fancy,warm winter boots

Austin supervised the work

And Bray... well... he was Bray- being silly and entertaining us the whole time


2 comments:

Rhandi said...

Fun post Lori (you like awesome by the way). I can't believe how big (old) Taylor looks in those Santa pictures- amazing! Can't wait to see you all! xo

Ben and Summer said...

Lori! This looks like so much fun. I laughed out loud because I just got those exact. same. boots. Must be our minds thinking alike about these cold states we've moved to... I have never cut my own tree and would love to some day. Love the family picture at the end!